Monday, August 15, 2011

hey look another post about Ramencon

So, four days prior to the event, me, Brock, and a mess of other people met to discuss the plan of attack for Ramencon. Who's going in which car, how many cars, what about toll roads, can we fit a body in the trunk, the usual. It was originally a pool party that, hey, since all of the Ramencon goers are here, might as well talk about that too.

I mostly went for the meeting portion, not the pool portion, which was a considerably large portion. Didn't wanna swim, no trunks, no towel, so none of that crazy "fun" everyone seems to be talking about for me. Still got my pants wet though.

And they never properly dried before heading home. So sorry Brock if your passenger seat is somehow still moist. I doubt it is.

I sorta mingled with people once the pool was not a focused activity, but it was a lot of people I hadn't previously met so yup here come the social anxieties whooo. I would like to get to know these people better though. I just wish I could give off something remotely close to an impression when people meet me.

Gotta work on that.

Speaking of working, my Ramencon costume I ordered August 1st is looking like it won't get to me by convention time. So, a trip to Goodwill later, and I have the basic costume set up for $16. Very half-assed and cobbled together, but I guess once the real costume shows up I'll have a better spare for future cons.
At the least I can make a halfway decent Junpei Iori look. Otherwise, props and badges are coming along. Not smoothly or any other adverb to give off a sort of confidence, but they are coming into existance which is good enough.

The small one sticks on with velcro and the big badge actually has a pin in it. I made both from craft foam and it works well enough since the ones I ordered won't be here.
My gun just needs paint.

And look how small it is. That's what I get for being to lazy to try to measure a proper template instead of printing off the first thing that works. It'll be fine though.

I hope.

________
Late night you party until it's light
While pointing at the sky
Wash your hands in the lake of your blood
Just before you die!

No comments:

Post a Comment